Christ Church Harpurhey’s Vision Statement is taken from the words of Jesus in John 10:10:
Are you experiencing this kind of abundant life? If not, please visit Christ Church and experience with us “life in all its fullness”.
Our Mission: To Know Jesus and make Him Known
For a while now there is a growing sense that the vision of the local church no matter where it is can be summed up in these 6 words:
“Knowing Jesus and making Him known.”
These 6 words are a reflection of the scripture that Jesus said when asked what is the greatest commandment.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’The second is this: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.” Mark 12:30-31
If we live this scripture out and believe and get behind the vision of the church then there will be a natural and spiritual reaction. This will mean that Christ Church will be a church whose DNA is:
- Christ centred
- Community focused
- Spirit led
We want to be a local church in North Manchester…
- Where people are challenged and encouraged to become more fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Where devotion to Christ is reflected in our commitment to prayer, worship and the reading of scripture.
- Which seeks to offer friendship, acceptance, help, forgiveness and hope.
- That shows compassion and support for all of those in need within its fellowship, its local community and beyond.
- That gives freely and generously of its resources to support the mission of the wider Church.
We live in a community with many needs and the vision will only be successful if others come to know the Lord as their personal Saviour and with this in mind another way of putting our vision statement of Knowing Jesus and making Him Known is to commit to being a church that is “Making Sense of Life.”